Friday, July 26, 2013

Designing A Home

Hi guys. I must say first of all that the move to Tel Aviv went eventually smoothly (after forgetting my laptop at the dorms haha), though it was sometimes painful and very tiring.

 

Let me now tell you about the designing part.

First, I've been collecting art for some time now, but I haven't had the space to hang it all, so the high ceilings in my new place were the perfect chance. Plus, now that I'm living finally alone I was able to utilize all the space for my benefit. Take a look - the Astronomy and The Hobbit posters from London, a poster of my favorite place in Jerusalem at night, A copy of the Guernica, from Spain, Stonehenge at night, Rabbi Road by Avi Tsarfati, 3 pictures I got as a gift from a talented friend, and more.




 

I'm very sentimental, so I've collected throughout the years many objects of small price but high value - fan I bought in Madrid, Chopsticks my friend gave me from her trip to China, an oyster I've received from the Republic of Georgia, a flower from my ex, a compass from London, a frame I got when I was 13 from my then-best friend, a small Statue from Amy from Etsy.com and many more. They all carry memories, and they all make me smile.






  The statue --->

 

 

Last thing - I wanted the kitchen to feel homey as well, so I played with the colors of the mugs and the kitchen towels. Plus, I've decorated with a bird sculpture I received as a gift and a pot holder that I used as a picture. The fridge is decorated with magnets, both received and collected (Georgia, China, London and more), and the paper holder is a fun gift from my mother (amongst others).
I don't have much to tell about the bathroom besides advising to decorate it with cute scented ornaments, which will make the place a fun place to be in. And that's it for now :).


 

 


By the way - yesterday I had a housewarming party with many of my close friends, and I want to take this opportunity to thank them all again for coming, for the gifts, for the good spirit and for loving my new place!

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I can come to a sleep over??!!
    love your new place!! I'll come visit you very often, to check if u ok!!

    ReplyDelete