Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Theater and a Trip - Part 1

A friend of my suggested last week spontaneously that we'll go to a theater festival on Sunday. The festival is held in Akko, an ancient Israeli city up north, where Jews and arabs have lived together for centuries. It's a magnificent place, and I adore it, so you can imagine my excitement in light of her suggestion.

So we did that. 8 hours on the bus for 5 hours of joy in this harbor city. But most of all I think I joined my friend because I love theater so much. My friend directed me in her indie play last year and ever since that, this fire toward acting that has died for a while after graduating from school and theater class, was reignited. I know that it's unlikely that in this country I'll find a stable job as an actress. Or at least I don't believe in myself enough to pursue that seriously at the time, but if I could combine that with my "regular" life as I successfully did last year - that would really be a dream coming true...

I don't ever wanna let go of this feeling - this adrenalin rush right before the curtain opens up - it's mind blowing. Just like these pastoral landscapes from Akko. So enjoy.

Eend of part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment