Friday, October 28, 2011

Maturity and Akko - part 2

I choose this post to share something that happened this week. Yesterday at a barbecue at work I got honored as an "Outstanding Employee". It really was one of the better moments I've experienced this past summer. Seriously.

It wasn't one of those out-of-this-life-transcendental experiences or not even fireworks-in-the-background kind of thing. It was so special because this gesture was an affirmation for me that I can go out to the world all by myself - and do well. That all the hard work I've put into my job and that I always put in everything that I do - is noticed and appreciated. But most importantly - that after years of ambition and wanting to be the best so that my parents would love me, at last I felt that this moment was for myself, not for them. I was proud of myself - and that's it. And that's why it was such a life-changing moment - because it showed me how much I've matured during this summer, independized and really gone through a process (that's still continuing).

So, in honor of that moment, here is the 2nd part of pics from my trip recently to Akko. This joy I felt there is suitable to this self-discovery - I am an Individual.








No comments:

Post a Comment