Monday, January 2, 2012

L.O.V.E. part 2

I've said in the past, on a previous post (L.O.V.E) that "We choose what to make of life, we choose what to learn from a movie, and we choose what is love and compassion for us. It doesn't have to be the Hollywood ditsy-careless-naive love. It can be dependant or harsh or hopeful-yet-realistic love." and concluded by saying that "I need to grow up and understand that I'm in charge of my life and I can choose a different kind of love to believe in: I choose to look at the bright side and not to expect too much of myself and of others, to always believe in the good side of men, to know that there are obstacles, and realise that there may not be a happy ending, but one can only grow from rock-bottom, and although it's scary down there - the feeling of love is worth it."

Allow me to confess a bit: when I wrote these things, it was more wishful-thinking than already an feta compli, hoping that one day I'll be able to do that switch and grow up at last. But today I can safely say that I believe in that whole-heartedly now, and I love like that. That's another thing I can say I've already accomplished this year, and it wasn't even intentionally, which makes it even better. I love and expect more realistically, knowing that there will be ups and downs, but I focus more on the journey, on enjoying the relationship itself, other than preoccupying myself with what will be and my insecurities. I'm a bit ditsy, but already know better, I am not as idealistic, but I know we'll overcome it, and above all - I'm not as naive, but instead very hopeful..


And you know what? I believe that love is incredible all by itself, and I'm gonna enjoy it like hell...


1 comment: